Follow @officialanamika

Friday, August 30, 2013

The Journey

The Journey

Cold was the night we talked for the last time
As cold as it gave me chills; which I never felt while making love to you
Scary was the night you left me forever alone
As scary as I felt inside that closed room
I looked up, the sky was clear but the stars never shined
They looked gloomy as they could feel my pain
I wanted to move ahead leaving your essence behind
Sunny was the day I had a little glimpse of you
As sunny as the day we went out to the park, had our first kiss
I failed trying to recall what you gave me on last Valentine’s
I think it’s this blue scarf I’m wearing or I bought it from that shop, downtown
My memory is fading or you are fading away from my memory?
Although it’s been a journey, one hell of a journey
We’d fall & get up & fall again
I heard something which broke the silence, a melody
Melancholy was the sound of the bird’s song
As melancholy as the little boy who has just lost her mom
I was shivering through the night
The false alarm woke me up & I realized I was drowning in my own tears
I had a dream, it was happy but I cried knowing it was just a dream
I felt empty
As empty as it gets from selling your soul to the devil
Did I have a soul? Even before I sold it? I think I fooled the devil
He took something away but it wasn’t my soul
It’s you, it belongs to you, he took you away
Now I see you everyday, we look at each other but don’t talk
You are polishing the gate of hell & me, the lock


By Anamika Dutta©

No comments:

Post a Comment