Follow @officialanamika

Friday, April 4, 2014

Pretty Man



I was looking for answers of my life’s miseries
I couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t able
To lead the life I’ve always wanted to
How I was so naive and vulnerable

You came across my way in a lonely Sunday night
I was about to leave for the place to stay the night
You saw me with that another man
You asked me about what I’d become

I didn’t know what it had to do with you
I couldn’t do the things the way you can
He could never be just like you
You were the match to my soul; you Pretty Man

It had become quite hard for me to breathe
Along the way I had no sense of self or me
Far too long I was going on the wrong path
You came along and gave me the key - to life

Every day I felt like I was drowning
In a ocean of hardships and I kept pretending
Like it could be ever-ending
Where were you then my Pretty Man?

Before our rendezvous you never seemed to care
What made you change your mind?
Was it only an answer to my prayer?
 I thought you were forever kind

No it didn’t change a thing at all
I am exactly where I started
You’d never answer to my call
You came and we parted

Pretty Man you were only there to keep a count
How come I’d never seen you around?
Only one night all it took to make me realize?

I again met the Pretty Man at the church tonight!

By Anamika Dutta©

No comments:

Post a Comment